One of the aunts gave us bottles of apple and pear ciders during our house-warming party. While we finished the apple ciders, the pear ciders were totally neglected as they didn’t taste as nice and were sitting in my fridge for quite a while so I thought of using it for cooking.
Pear Cider Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
4 pieces pork chops, bone-in
160ml pear cider (I use 1/2 bottle of Somersby Pear Cider)
1 China Fuji red apple, peeled and diced
2 + 3 tbsps brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1. Heat a little olive oil in pan. Lightly brown pork chops on both sides.
2. Add diced apples, 2 tbsps brown sugar and pear cider. Bring to a boil and cook for approx. 7-8 minutes over medium high heat.
3. Flip pork chops. If sauce has almost dried up, add 3 tbsps of brown sugar and 1/2 cup water and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes or till sauce caramelises and pork chops are thoroughly cooked and glazed.
4. Transfer the pork chops onto serving plates and spoon the caramelised apple sauce over them.
4. Serve with sauteed asparagus or any sides of your choice.
I was happily removing my pork chops off the pan and preparing my camera for photo-taking that I forgot to turn off the heat and the sauce became burnt and unusable. My first major cooking disaster That’s why the picture above only shows pork chops without sauce. But the good thing was, the flavour of the pear cider and sweetness of the apple had penetrated the meat during cooking so even though the exterior was dry, the inside was still moist, tender and sweet. I’d do a proper one next time
Category: Poultry & Meat, Recipe | Tags: easy pork recipe, food, home cooked food, home cooking, pear cider glazed pork recipe, pork chop recipe, recipe, recipes, singapore cooking blog, singapore food blog, singapore recipe blog