Happy Christmas Eve, everyone! ????
It’s also the start of a long weekend, woohoo!
Going to head to the shops this morning to finish up some Christmas shopping and also to stock up on food and drinks for our weekend movie nights though I’ve already done two rounds of this, lol.
This is the kind of casserole meal that the husband and I both enjoy especially on our movie nights where we would just camp in front of our TV in the living room and have all sorts of goodies laid out on the coffee table (we have a huge one by the way, haha).
I added chilli to this pasta bake this time just to give it an extra boost of spiciness. So shiok. However if you can’t take too much spice, then go easy on the chilli powder and flakes. And if you aren’t using canned tomatoes without salt, you might also want to reduce the amount of salt that goes into the chilli beef.
A great meal to share with the whole family. Enjoy, peeps and have a fabulous Christmas eve! 😉
Chilli Beef Pasta Bake Recipe
Ingredients (serves 4)
300g penne, cooked according to packet instructions
220g minced beef
1 yellow onion, peeled & diced
3 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
150g cherry tomatoes
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
411g can diced tomatoes (with no salt added)
1 tbsp chilli powder
2 tbsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
180g cheddar cheese, grated
2 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C with fan.
2. Heat oil in pan and saute the garlic and onions till fragrant.
3. Add in the minced beef, chilli powder, chilli flakes and cumin. Stir fry till meat is no longer pink.
4. Pour in the diced tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add the oregano and season with salt and pepper.
5. Turn off the heat and stir in the bell peppers and cherry tomatoes.
6. Transfer the cooked penne into a 8″ x 12″ baking dish and ladle the chilli beef mixture over.
7. Add 50g of cheese and stir thoroughly with a spatula till everything is well combined.
8. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly on top and bake the pasta in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes or till the top is golden brown. Enjoy!