This Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork Recipe is one of my favourite one-dish recipes. Normally if I have to cook lunch on weekends, this would be one easy dish to prepare. The stewed pork has a rich and flavourful gravy that makes the bee hoon slightly moist and savoury tasty. And this dish reminds me of the same bee hoon from Brauhaus Restaurant & Pub (click here to read my previous blog post) except that my version is less greasy but is equally tasty.
Fried Bee Hoon with Stewed Pork Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
200g rice vermicelli, soaked in water for 1/2 hour
1 carrot, julienned
200g cabbage, sliced
2 eggs, beaten
1 can stewed pork chops approx. 397g (I use Narcissus brand)
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp minced garlic
spring onion as garnish
1. Heat a little olive oil in pan and add the egg mixture to make an omelette. Remove and cut into thin strips. Set aside.
2. Heat a little more oil in the same pan and saute the garlic till fragrant. Add carrots and cabbage and stir fry till they are slightly softened.
3. Add the entire can of stewed pork chops with gravy and break up the meat into small bits using the spatula.
4. Add water, light & dark soy sauce and oyster sauce. Bring to a boil. Add rice vermicelli, mix thoroughly and cook till the broth is all absorbed.
5. Serve with omelette strips and spring onions before serving.