The husband loves eggs as well as anything with eggs so naturally he’d adore egg tofu too. In order to make this an even more eggy-tasting dish, I included a beaten egg into the minced meat mixture for a slightly gooey texture which really complemented the ‘drier’ egg tofu and the rice congee that I cooked. And although the whole dish wasn’t saucy wet, the minced meat was moist and nicely seasoned and the pan-fried egg tofu was equally tasty on their own. Enjoy!
Minced Pork with Egg Tofu Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
120g minced pork
2 tubes egg tofu, sliced
1 egg, beaten
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 cup water
corn starch solution (mix 1/2 tbsp corn flour with 1 tbsp water)
chopped spring onions as garnish
Marinate for minced pork:
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
dash of sesame oil
dash of white pepper
1 tsp corn flour
1. Heat some vegetable oil in pan and pan-fry the tofu till golden brown. Remove and plate up.
2. In the same pan, saute garlic till fragrant and add the minced pork. Stir fry till the meat is no longer pink.
3. Add the water and oyster sauce. Bring to a boil.
4. Thicken the sauce with corn starch solution and add the beaten egg. Keep stirring till the egg is cooked.
5. Transfer the minced meat mixture on top of the egg tofu and garnish with chopped spring onions.
With a little creativity… and voila, a tofu flower!