A fiery kick from the chilli flakes combined with the citrusy flavour of the lemon and the sharpness of the garlic makes this dish really refreshing and appetizing. The husband devoured his entire plate in no time and even asked for a second helping. 🙂
I did not specify an amount of chilli flakes to be used because it really depends on individual’s preference. John and I love spice very much so I used a lot of chilli flakes on the chicken as well as on the spaghetti. Though the chilli flakes (I used Masterfoods brand) I had was supposed to be hot, it really wasn’t as spicy as I expected it to be. So the best bet is to start with a small quantity and increase it as you go along while tasting the spiciness level. Bring on the heat. Enjoy!
Spicy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
180g spaghetti, cooked according to packet instructions
300g skinless & boneless chicken leg meat, trim fats & cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dried chilli flakes (or more if you like it spicy)
1 bulb garlic, peeled & finely chopped
grated rind & juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
sea salt to taste
chopped spring onions as garnish
1. Marinate chicken with light soy sauce and generously sprinkle chilli flakes over the chicken.
2. Heat oil in pan and saute the garlic for 1 minute till it is just starting to brown.
3. Add the chicken and stir-fry till the meat is no longer pink.
4. Add the spaghetti, lemon rind, lemon juice and toss thoroughly. Season with salt to taste.
5. Garnish with spring onions and serve.