Since trying the butter crabs at Mellben Seafood of which the thick and creamy sauce was to die for, I decided to try out my own rendition at home with crunchy prawns. And for that extra punch and aroma, I had added some mild curry powder and loads of curry leaves to my concoction which yielded a really addictive, creamy, rich and simply delicious sauce. If you’re into butter gravy dishes, you just have to try this Curry Butter Prawns!
Curry Butter Prawns Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
10 large sized prawns, remove shells & devein, keep tails intact
3 tbsp unsalted butter
a handful of curry leaves
1/2 cup low fat evaporated milk
1 tsp curry powder
dash of chilli powder
pinch of sugar
pinch of salt
1. Marinate prawns with a pinch of salt, curry powder and chilli powder.
2. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in pan and pan-fry prawns till they turn opaque. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same pan, melt butter till it turns foamy and fry the curry leaves till crispy.
4. Add evaporated milk and sugar. Season with a little salt.
5. Return prawns to pan and coat with sauce.
I must try this recipe! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Can I use this for butter crabs then?? 🙂
Oh yes, you definitely can 🙂