Another of my latest creations is this healthy & easy-to-make steamed tofu recipe that only requires minimal seasoning so you can enjoy the natural flavour of silken tofu and the sweetness of the dried scallops. If served as one of a few dishes in a meal, this is definitely enough for 2-3 persons to share. However I made it for lunch and I polished off the entire plate myself. This makes an excellent no-carbs meal if you fancy something lighter on the palates. Enjoy!
Steamed Silken Tofu with Dried Scallops Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 block of silken tofu 300g
1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
12-15 small dried scallops, soak in water
2 tbsp reserved liquid from scallops
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 stalk spring onion, finely chopped
1. Soak the dried scallops in water for 30 minutes. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the soaking liquid. Once the scallops are softened, roughly tear them apart with your fingers and transfer onto a sheet of paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
2. On a heated pan without adding oil, toast the scallop shreds till dry and crispy. Remove and set aside.
3. Transfer the block of tofu onto a steaming dish and arrange the broccoli florets around it. Drizzle light soy sauce on top of the tofu and spoon the reserved liquid over.
4. Steam at high heat for about 5 minutes till broccoli stems are tender.
5. Place the scallop shreds on top of the tofu and garnish with spring onions before serving.