The weekend is finally here (well, almost). There has been so much going on that I’m sort of feeling a little overwhelmed. And I’ve been ill for a month or so which makes it even more unpleasant. Had to go hospital because of a colon issue and then I was down (and I still am) with a stubborn bacterial and sinus infection that refuses to go away. ?
Anyone has sinus problem too? Any home remedies to recommend? I’m really sick of not being able to breathe properly because of mucus blockage and also this facial pressure and bad headache are just driving me nuts. Two weeks of antibiotics and I’ve still not recovered entirely. ARGH. ? ?
Ok, nuff of my ranting.
Today, I’m making an oven-roasted chicken dish with hoisin sauce and honey. This combination is like a Chinese style BBQ sauce so I added spring onions and sesame seeds to lend a bit more fragrance.
Though I indicated the serving size would be good for 3-4 persons. I actually devoured the whole tray of chicken drumlets on my own, haha. Just couldn’t stop because the sauce was so finger-licking good. Yum. ? ? ?
Enjoy this recipe!
Hoisin Chicken Recipe
Ingredients (serves 3-4 as one of few side dishes)
12 chicken drumlets
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
chopped spring onions as garnish
roasted sesame seeds as garnish
For the sauce: (combine in a bowl)
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
3 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
1 thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled & grated
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C with fan.
2. Transfer the chicken drumlets to a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the sauce over the chicken and toss thoroughly to coat. Leave aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Roast the chicken in the oven for 25-30 minutes till browned and cooked through.
5. Garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds before serving.