Bought a huge pineapple to make Pineapple Chicken earlier but wasn’t able to use all up so I made a pineapple salsa with the leftovers as a side dish to go with my baked salmon lunch. Flavours worked perfectly in this dish. While the honey baked salmon tasted more on the sweet side, the tangy pineapple salsa gave it a nice refreshing note. I served the salmon and salsa over a bed of mashed steamed sweet potato just to keep the dish healthy and lower in GI. Try it!
Honey Baked Salmon Recipe (with Pineapple Salsa)
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 salmon fillets
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp olive oil
mashed sweet potato
1 slice pineapple, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 red onion, peeled & sliced
juice from 1/2 lemon
1. Combine all ingredients for the salsa and chill in fridge till ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 200 deg C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place on the baking tray. Drizzle honey followed by oil on top of the salmon and spread evenly with your fingers or with the back of a spoon.
4. Bake the salmon for 15 minutes or till lightly golden brown with a bit of charred edge.
5. Spoon the salsa over the salmon and serve with mashed sweet potato.