With my under-6-bucks slab of baby back ribs from Foodie Market Place, I tried to recreate the same Grilled Baby Back Ribs from Chili’s Grill & Bar that my dining companions and I totally digged the last time we were there. I made use of my mum’s very simple recipe with only two ingredients – Heinz bbq sauce and honey – and added a touch of tang with some green lemon juice. The result? These ribs were to die for! The husband and I just polished off everything on our plates, lol.
Honey BBQ Ribs Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 full slab of baby back ribs, cut into half
salt & freshly cracked black pepper
Sauce: (combine in a bowl)
200ml Heinz BBQ sauce
3 tbsp honey
juice of 1 green lemon
1. Rest the ribs at room temperature for half an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 180 deg C at Grill with fan.
3. Season ribs with salt and pepper on both sides.
4. Place the ribs on a large sheet of aluminium foil with meat side down. Wrap the ribs up with the foil, transfer to a baking tray and bake for 1 hour.
5. Remove the ribs from the oven and open up the foil on top.
6. Baste the ribs with the sauce, return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, uncovered. Repeat 5-6 times till the sauce is used up.
The basting part is a tad tedious but it’s totally worth it as the sauce penetrates the ribs and gives it so much flavour. Absolutely yummy! Now I can just make bbq ribs anytime at home!