John and I love having wraps for dinner when we decide to just stay in on the weekend. Sometimes, we’d just buy a ready roasted chicken from the supermarket, some lettuce & tomatoes and a pack of tortilla wraps and that’d make a wholesome dinner for the both of us.
For a change this time, I decided to roast my own chicken since I had some boneless chicken leg left in the freezer and I saw a nice bunch of avocadoes at NTUC FairPrice earlier, I just had to grab a few to make some guacamole.
Honey Mustard Roast Chicken with Guacamole Wrap
Ingredients (makes 8 wraps)
400g boneless chicken leg
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt & freshly ground black pepper
8 tortilla wraps (I use Mission brand of garlic wraps)
For the guacamole:
handful of cherry tomatoes
2 ripe avocadoes, peeled
1 yellow onion, peeled
1 red onion, peeled
1 bunch of coriander leaves
juice from 1 lemon
1. Combine all ingredients for the guacamole in a food processor and blend to a fine paste. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Chill in fridge till ready to use.
2. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Marinate with mustard and honey for at least half hour.
3. Preheat oven to 180 deg C with fan.
4. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil. Transfer the chicken onto the tray and roast in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes till skin turns golden brown.
5. Remove the chicken and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Roughly slice up the chicken into smaller pieces.
6. Warm each tortilla wrap on a skillet over medium heat briefly.
7. To assemble the wrap, place lettuce in the middle of the tortilla and scoop 2 tablespoonful of guacamole on top, followed by the chicken. Roll up and enjoy.
Do note if you leave the tortillas out too long, they will turn hard and make it difficult to roll. So once each tortilla is off the pan, it’s best to use it immediately. Let’s roll and eat!