As I’m typing out this recipe post, I can’t help but have that #PPAP tune ringing in my head. I’m sure most of you have watched the video clip. Such a nonsensical song but so catchy and memorable, lol.
Anyway, this is a pretty healthy, low-fat dish because I’ve used skinless chicken breast meat and unsweetened soy milk as the base for the sauce. Alternatively, you can also use low-fat evaporated milk or unsweetened almond or oat milk that would impart a lovely aroma to the dish and also add some body.
This recipe is in line with my remember-to-eat-more-fruits diet, lol. I mean, it really does happen quite often that I will forget to eat fruits after my lunch and dinner and I think it’s such a great way to get those vitamins back by using fruits in cooking. They are fresh, healthy and naturally sweet so there isn’t a need to add sugar to balance up the flavours. Give it a try!
Pineapple Chicken Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2-3 as one of few side dishes)
1 skinless chicken breast fillet approx. 220g, cut into cubes
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
200g fresh pineapple, cut into cubes
3 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
1 yellow onion, peeled & diced
150ml unsweetened soy milk
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp olive oil
chopped parsley as garnish
1. Marinate chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in pan and saute the garlic and onions till tender.
3. Add the chicken and stir fry till meat is no longer pink.
4. Add in the pineapple cubes and fish sauce and stir fry for a minute.
5. Reduce heat and gradually stir in the soy milk.
6. Warm up the soy milk and let it boil gently before turning off the heat.
7. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.