Occasionally on Fridays, the husband and I would have our own stay-in movie nights when we would just watch a couple of movies and munch on finger food, cheeses and nuts till the wee hours of the next morning. So I’d just prepare snacky types of food that we can easily eat with our hands and here’s one super addictive crispy chicken nuggets recipe that potato chips lovers shouldn’t miss!
We love these nuggets with chilli mayo (just mix mayo and sweet chilli sauce). And there’s absolutely no need for additional seasoning as the potato chips give the nuggets a salty and sour creamy flavour. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside just like fried chicken but minus the oil. 😉
Potato Chips Crusted Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
600g chicken breast fillet, cut into bite-sized pieces
150g of your favourite potato chips (I use Pringles Sour Cream & Onion)
100ml skimmed milk
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C with fan mode on.
2. Put the potato chips in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into bits. Transfer to a shallow dish. Set aside.
3. Combine skimmed milk and egg in a bowl and lightly beat the mixture. Set aside.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
5. Dip each chicken piece into the milk-egg mixture and coat thoroughly with the crushed potato chips. Transfer onto the baking tray in one single layer.
6. Drizzle olive oil over the nuggets and bake for 25 minutes, flipping over mid-way, till the exterior is crispy and chicken is cooked through.
7. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.