Rice Quinoa looks just like a regular fried rice. I just love quinoa’s versatility as we can serve it as a side or easily turn it into a one-dish main like this.
I had previously made a similar fried quinoa – see Quinoa Fried Rice Recipe (with salmon) so you see how easy it is to use quinoa like you would with rice and there can be endless combinations for fried quinoa so feel free to use whatever ingredients you like.
I buy quinoa online from this seller on Qoo10 as I think their quinoa is one of the most reasonably priced in the market and the quality is just as good as those overpriced ones. Besides, if you’re an existing Qoo10 user, you can still make use of your coupons and/or Q-points for more savings. Very worthwhile deal!
Note I’m not affiliated with them so please contact the seller directly if you have any questions.
Shrimp Fried Quinoa Recipe
Ingredients (serves 4)
200g quinoa, rinsed
10 large shrimps, peeled & coarsely chopped
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrot & peas)
120g fish cake, sliced
1 red chilli, seeds removed & thinly sliced
4 stalks spring onion, finely chopped
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp light soy sauce
dash of fish sauce
1 tsp sunflower oil
1. Combine quinoa and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes till quinoa is cooked. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in pan, saute garlic and stir fry prawns till they turn opaque. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same pan, stir fry the fish cake and mixed vegetables. Push them to one side of the pan and pour in the beaten egg on the other side. Scramble quickly till egg is cooked and then combine with the fish cake and mixed vegetables.
4. Add quinoa and stir fry thoroughly. Season with light soy sauce and fish sauce.
5. Stir in spring onions and chilli and serve while hot.