Singapore’s most iconic national dish – the Singapore Chilli Crab – is well loved by many for a long time. While we love to mop up that delicious gravy with some fried mantou (Chinese bun) or douse rice with it, it also doubles up as an amazing dipping sauce for fried foods like potato wedges, onion rings and the like. What I’m sharing today is my latest fusion creation where Singapore meets Italy in this Singapore Chilli Crab Style Seafood Spaghetti Recipe. Don’t stinge on the ingredients. It’s all about the seafood and sauce 😉 Enjoy!
Singapore Chilli Crab Style Seafood Spaghetti Recipe
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
300g spaghetti, cooked according to packet instructions
1 large squid, cut into rings
12 prawns, de-shelled
12 fresh scallops
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 red chillies, deseeded & sliced
3 stalks spring onions, cut into 1″ sections
juice from 3 limes
1 tsp vegetable oil
Sauce: (combine in a bowl)
5 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp corn flour
pinch of salt
1. Heat oil in pan and saute garlic and chilli till fragrant.
2. Add sauce and bring to a boil.
3. Slowly pour in beaten egg in a circular motion and allow to cook slightly before mixing it up.
4. Add the seafood and lime juice. Stir fry till the seafood turns opaque.
5. Stir in spring onions and serve the mixture on top of the cooked spaghetti.