Recently I’m quite into cooking one-main-dish-on-rice type of meals. Not only they are inexpensive to prepare, they consist of a balanced diet with both meat and vegetables in them which means I do not have to cook another meat or vegetable dish separately and that certainly saves time especially great for weekday dinners when you’re rushed for time.
This particular dish has a salty savoury sauce that goes really well with steamed rice and since potatoes (keep the skin please – that’s where the nutrition is!) fill you up, you don’t really need a whole load of rice. Enjoy this recipe!
Stir Fried Minced Pork with Potatoes Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
100g minced pork
2 unpeeled russet potatoes, sliced
1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed & rinsed
1 small yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
dash of white pepper
parsley as garnish
Sauce: (combine in a bowl)
1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
dash of sesame oil
1. Marinate minced pork with light soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat a little oil in pan and saute the onions and garlic till fragrant. Add minced pork and stir fry till meat is no longer pink.
3. Add potatoes and sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or till potatoes are tender.
4. Add mixed vegetables and continue simmering for another 3-4 minutes.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve.