This Sugar Snap Peas Recipe is a very simple stir fry of chicken meat and vegetables which can also be easily substituted with other ingredients that you normally prefer such as cauliflower, broccoli, snow peas etc. However, I would suggest keeping one essential element of this stir fry i.e. the lotus root as it really lends a sweet crunch to the dish.
I have raved about the lotus root many times before because it’s such a versatile vegetable. You can brew Lotus Root & Peanuts Pork Ribs Soup, stir fry a Kung Pao Lotus Root, make fried rice or minced pork patties with it. So many possibilities to explore.
Other lotus root recipes to try:
Pork Ribs, Lotus Root and Pearl Bean Soup
Pork Shoulder with Salted Fish, Lotus Root and Braised Peanuts
No matter how you cook it, the lotus root can still retain a nice crisp or crunch – never turns soft or mushy. ??
- 250g boneless chicken leg, skin removed & cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200g lotus root, peeled & thinly sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 1 small carrot, peeled & thinly sliced
- 15g dried black fungus, soaked in hot water & cut into smaller pieces
- 100g enoki mushrooms, roots trimmed
- 4-5 pcs dried chillies, soaked in warm water & sliced into smaller sections
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- dash of black vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil