Burgers aren’t always bad and high in calories, especially not when you make your own. I used to eat a lot of fast food before I started cooking (once or twice every weekend – yeah I know, my diet was just so sinfully unhealthy!) and that was why my waistline kept expanding. Now that I’ve changed my lifestyle for the better, I still don’t deprive myself from food that I used to love but I choose to make them with healthier ingredients as much as possible to reduce the ‘potency’, lol. This is one of my favourite burger recipes. Works well with either turkey or chicken breast meat. Obviously, I didn’t serve this with fried potato fries but I had my favourite Popcorners to go with it together with a heap of crunchy homemade slaw dressed in a mix of maple syrup, Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
Tarragon Chicken Burger Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
250g minced chicken
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tbsp skimmed milk
salt & freshly ground black pepper
toasted burger buns
1. Combine ingredients for the patties in a mixing bowl and season with salt & pepper.
2. Divide the meat mixture into 2 portions and shape each portion into a patty of approx. 1″ thickness. Transfer onto parchment paper and chill in fridge for half an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 180 deg C with fan.
4. Heat a little vegetable oil in pan and sear the patties on both sides.
5. Transfer the patties onto a baking tray lined with aluminium foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes till the exterior turns a lovely golden brown.
6. Serve the patties on toasted buns with lettuce leaves and sides of your choice.
Looks very yummy.. Can regular bread crumbs be used instead of panko bread crumbs??
thanks 🙂 oh yes, regular bread crumbs will work fine too. it’s just that i always have panko in my pantry cupboard so i’d always use that lol 🙂 thanks for stopping by!