Yesterday was red. Today is green. ?
If you’ve missed out on my earlier recipe post, check out my Thai Red Curry Recipe.
I’ve cooked and eaten Thai curries for two days back to back which I don’t mind because it’s a real time saver to use the Maepranom brand of curry pastes – very convenient to cook with especially when I’m so tied up with work assignments lately and I’m always in a rush to churn out dinners on time. Also, these curries always taste good so that’s a big plus. ??
Both my red and green curry recipes are almost the same. The only one difference is that there is addition of fresh green chillies in the red curry but not in this green curry. That is actually more for garnishing purpose (to add contrast of colours) because the green chillies used aren’t very spicy so they don’t really affect the overall taste of the curry. If you like, you can also add some green chillies to this Thai Green Curry Recipe.
You’ll definitely need rice to go with these curries. Enjoy! ?
THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 300g skinless & boneless chicken leg
- 1 pack 50g green curry paste
- 200ml coconut milk
- 300ml water
- 150g eggplant, cut into small cubes
- 100g peas
- handful of basil leaves
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- Heat oil in pan and stir fry the green curry paste till fragrant.
- Gradually stir in the coconut milk followed by the water.
- Add the chicken and egg plant. Bring to a boil. Put on the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in the peas and season with palm sugar and fish sauce.
- Add in the basil and cook till the leaves wither.
- Stir in the chillies and serve with steamed rice.