Two weeks ago, I had posted the pre-order information for Bake & Celebrate: Cookies and Treats that will be out in stores very soon. This recipe book is a collection of 42 recipes for delectable cookies and treats that are contributed by selected top food & lifestyle bloggers and instagrammers from Singapore and the region.
I’m very honoured and happy to be part of this project and I just want to share one of my recipes that has been featured in the book, which is actually an updated version of my previous Banana Oatmeal Cookie Recipe. I added some extra elements just to give the cookies a bit more festive feel. Hope you enjoy this. And don’t forget to show your support when the book is available in stores. 😉
I love festive goodies. They may be bite-sized but can pack a hefty caloric punch. Hence I thought of making healthy, delicious treats that the whole family can indulge in without guilt. These fibre-packed cookies are really easy to make and they contain no flour, egg, butter or added sugar.
Banana Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Ingredients (yields 20 cookies)
180g ripe bananas, peeled & mashed
100g rolled oats
30g chocolate chips
50g dried cranberries
40g pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 175 deg C with fan. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir thoroughly to combine.
3. Scoop tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the lined baking tray, leaving about 1/2″ space between scoops.
4. Bake the cookies in the middle of the oven for 13-15 minutes or till golden brown.
5. Transfer the cookies onto a wire rack and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before storing or enjoy straightaway.