I just love how easy it is to make this healthy and nutritious soup without using too much seasonings as the carrot and sweet potatoes are already naturally sweet. I chose to steam them instead of boiling them so most if not all nutrients and goodness can be kept behind. And to give it a little more texture, I’ve sprinkled heart-friendly seeds on top just for that crunch and bite. Goes so well with my favourite rye bread. Enjoy!
Creamy Carrot & Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
300g sweet potatoes, peel & cut into small chunks
1 large carrot, peel & cut into small pieces
1/2 cup skimmed milk
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
pinch of salt
rye bread or any bread of your choice
1. Steam the sweet potatoes and carrots till tender.
2. Heat a little olive oil in pan and saute the garlic and onions till tender.
3. In a food processor, combine the sweet potatoes, carrots and garlic onion mix. Blend to a puree.
4. Pour the puree into the pan and bring it to a gentle boil. Add skimmed milk and stir thoroughly.
5. Sprinkle sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds on top and serve with any bread of your choice.