This is one recipe that I just came up with at lunch with whatever I had in the fridge and pantry that I could make use of. I love my vegetables so I chose to have more of that than meat in this stew. Of course, if you prefer more meat instead, you can just adjust the portions according to what you like. This chicken stew is really easy and cheap to make. Tasty and healthy too! Looks creamy doesn’t it? But it doesn’t contain any fattening cream! Enjoy 🙂
Chicken Stew with Peas, Edamame & Carrots Recipe
Ingredients (serves 1)
1 chicken drumstick, skin removed
1 carrot, cut into short sticks
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup edamame beans
300ml hot water
2 tbsp skimmed milk
1 tbsp chicken seasoning powder
1 tbsp plain flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt & freshly cracked black pepper
1. Marinate the chicken drumstick with garlic powder, salt & pepper.
2. Heat a little vegetable oil in pan and pan-fry the chicken drumstick till meat is no longer pink.
3. Dissolve the chicken seasoning powder and flour in the hot water and pour the mixture into the pan. Bring to a boil.
4. Add carrots, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add in the peas and edamame and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Season with salt & pepper and stir in the milk. Serve hot.