I got the idea of using crabmeat in fried rice after my mum commented that she made a crab fried rice the other day which was delicious. And so I went to the supermarket and bought a pack of cooked crabmeat (from the chilled fresh fish section). Though there weren’t much ingredients in this fried rice, I really liked the idea of adding crabmeat in it because it lent a lovely sweet seafood flavour to the dish. Sometimes, it’s just about simplicity. 🙂
Crab Fried Rice Recipe
Ingredients (serves 4)
540g cooked red & brown rice (yielded from 270g raw rice), left in fridge overnight
250g cooked crabmeat
2 large eggs, beaten
4 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
salt, white pepper & sugar to taste
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
handful of chopped spring onions
1. Heat olive oil and sesame oil in pan and saute the garlic till slightly golden brown and fragrant.
2. Add in the rice. Season with salt, pepper and sugar and then stir fry thoroughly to break up any clumps.
3. Drizzle the egg mixture over the rice and stir fry quickly.
4. Add the crabmeat and stir fry till well combined.
5. Mix in the spring onions and serve.