McDonalds’s Ebi Burger will be back in a few days’ time! Woohoo! That’s one of my favourite special burgers from MCD that’s only available for a limited time every year. Anyway, I drew inspiration from the Ebi Burger to create this recipe which I can then enjoy it whenever I have a craving for a shrimp burger.
I used flounder and small shrimps and with a pair of scissors, I roughly cut them up (you can also use a cleaver to coarsely chop them up) into small pieces so we can still maintain the delicious textures of the flakiness of the fish and crunchiness of the shrimps in the patties. If you prefer to have purely shrimp patties, then omit the fish from this recipe and double the amount of shrimps.
For the guacamole, I combined 1 ripe avocado (mashed), 1 small yellow onion, 1 small tomato, handful of chopped parsley and juice from 1 lemon in a bowl. Mix all together and chill in fridge for flavours to marry. And for the chilli mayo, just mix together 2 tbsp of mayo with 1 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
If you don’t fancy bread/burgers, you can enjoy these patties on their own with other side dishes of your choice too.
Bon appetit! 😉
Fish & Shrimp Burger Recipe
Ingredients (makes 3 burgers)
200g shrimps, peeled, deveined & coarsely chopped
200g white fish fillet, coarsely chopped
1 large egg
1 cup panko breadcrumbs + extra 1/3 cup for coating
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
handful of chopped parsley
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
canola or sunflower oil for frying
3 burger buns, halved & buttered
1. Combine shrimps, fish, egg, panko, sesame seeds and parsley in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
2. Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions. With wet hands, scoop up a portion of the mixture and gently shape into a patty of the same size as the burger bun. Repeat with the remaining 2 portions.
3. Coat the patties fully in panko and transfer onto a clean dry plate.
4. Heat oil (1cm high) in pan and shallow fry the patties till exterior is golden brown and crispy. Transfer onto kitchen towels to absorb excess grease.
5. To assemble the burger, toast the buns (buttered sides) on a frying pan till lightly browned and spread the chilli mayo on them.
6. Arrange the lettuce and tomato slices on the bottom half of each burger bun and top off with a fish & shrimp patty followed by the guacamole. Enjoy!