A stay-in Sunday often means we need to start off the day with a feast fit for a king that can fuel us through the morning. And what’s better than a hearty brunch of a full English breakfast? Different colours, different textures, different flavours all on one plate that somehow still manage to gel together in terms of taste. Finish that off with a cup of hot tea, no breakfast is complete without it.
There may be a lot of components to this plate that requires a little more time to put together but it really isn’t a daunting task at all. Basically, all we need is just one pan for all ingredients so what I am sharing in this recipe is more about my order of prepping up the items, rather than how to cook them.
Also, fried bread is the husband’s idea as that’s how traditional English breakfast should be like. Trust the Englishman, he’s right. Frying bread is so much better than toasting it! You just gotta try it 🙂
Full English Breakfast Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
200g button mushrooms, sliced
1 large tomato, sliced
3 tbsp skimmed milk
4 slices back bacon
1 can baked beans approx. 230g
2 slices wholemeal bread, cut into triangles
salt & freshly ground black pepper
chopped parsley as garnish
1. Heat a little oil in pan and pan-fry the bacon & sausages till golden brown and transfer to plate.
2. Using the same pan, pan-fry the tomato slices and stir-fry the mushrooms separately. Season both with a little salt and pepper. Transfer to plate and garnish with chopped parsley.
3. Combine eggs with skimmed milk and beat thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. Heat up pan with oil and scramble the egg mixture to your preferred level of doneness. Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle dried rosemary on top.
4. Heat a little more oil in pan and pan-fry the bread slices on both sides. Transfer to plate.
5. Finally, heat up the baked beans in the same pan and scoop onto the plate once ready.
Ta-daa! Enjoy your very sumptuous breakfast in the comfort of your own home! 🙂