I got these gorgeous spinach and tomato tortilla wraps from Melvados that came in a bigger size of 30cm diameter and decided to make some chicken wraps for dinner. Couldn’t resist buying a few bags of our favourite Kettle chips (honey dijon & jalapeño are yum!) too to eat with the guacamole I made. I love a wholesome meal like this where you get to munch on so much crunchy vegetables (with less carbs) yet one wrap is all that’s needed to fill me up. You can also make this in advance as a packed lunch for the next day. Enjoy this Grilled Chicken & Guacamole Wrap Recipe!
Tip: If the tortillas are left out for too long, they will turn hard and make it difficult to roll. So once each tortilla is off the pan, it’s best to use it immediately. Use toothpicks or bamboo skewers to hold each wrap in place if need be.
Grilled Chicken & Guacamole Wrap Recipe
Ingredients (makes 4 x 30cm wraps)
300g chicken fillets
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
200g lettuce leaves, finely chopped
4 x 30cm diameter tortilla wraps
For the guacamole:
2 tomatoes, diced
3 ripe avocados, mashed
corn kernels (from 2 steamed corn cobs)
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
juice from 1 lemon
salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Mix together all ingredients for the guacamole and season with salt & pepper. Chill in fridge till ready to use.
2. Toss the chicken fillets in olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
3. Heat a griddle pan over high heat and lightly grease with cooking spray.
4. Transfer the chicken fillets onto the pan and grill them till they are nicely browned on the bottom side. Flip the fillets over to brown the other side too. Once done, remove the fillets and set aside.
5. Toss each tortilla wrap on a skillet over medium heat till both sides are slightly brown and crispy.
6. To assemble the wrap, place lettuce, bell peppers, guacamole and chicken fillets on each tortilla and roll up. Serve with chips or your preferred choice of side.