I had a kueh dadar (coconut filled pancake roll) the other day and was just craving for it again cos’ that fragrant crepe skin was packed with this lovely coconut milk aroma.
I was inspired to create a dessert crepe – a low fat one with no real coconut milk in it but yet resembled that same taste with a boost of coconut oil. I also used yogurt in the batter to add that tangy zest. And since I’m not a big fan of compote or whipped cream, I dressed up my crepes simply with fresh fruits. Now, that’s another great way to eat more fruits at breakfast or tea 😉 Enjoy this recipe!
Healthy Crepe Recipe
(makes 6-8 crepes)
150g plain flour
300g plain non-fat yogurt
150ml skimmed milk
2 tbsp coconut oil + extra for greasing pan
pulp & juice from 2 passion fruits
and/or any fruits of your choice
1. Whisk together the flour and the egg. Gradually add in yogurt and milk and stir thoroughly to combine.
2. Add the coconut oil and beat until smooth.
3. Lightly grease a non-stick pan with coconut oil. Heat the pan on medium heat and scoop a ladle of crepe batter onto the pan.
4. Lift up the pan away from the heat source and tilt the pan in a circular motion to spread out the batter over the pan surface.
5. Cook the crepe until bottom is golden brown and flip to brown the other side. When done, fold into quarters. Repeat till batter is used up.
6. Serve the crepes with fresh fruits of your choice.