When I first started my home cooking journey more than 2 years ago, I was very into spice ‘mixology’ and experimentation. I loved big flavours (and I still do) and I always tried to incorporate herbs and/or spices into my cooking whenever possible. I came up with a Lemongrass Chicken with Sunflower Seeds Recipe that had a rich and intense spice flavour which was a hallmark of Asian cooking. And with that recipe today, I further tweaked it to create a new chicken dish that somewhat combined beautifully with tempeh (fermented soy bean) as inspired by my favourite Malay-style chicken satay as well as sambal goreng. This is one of those dishes that will whet your appetite so cook more rice to go with it 😉 Enjoy!
Lemongrass Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
300g boneless & skinless chicken leg, cut into small pieces
200g tempeh, cut into small pieces
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp curry powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp palm sugar
4 stalks lemongrass (use white parts only), finely chopped
1 red onion, diced
3 red chillies, deseeded & sliced
1 tbsp + 1 tsp vegetable oil
1. Marinate chicken with fish sauce, chopped garlic, curry powder and turmeric powder and chill in fridge for at least 2 hours before cooking.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and pan-fry the tempeh till golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
3. In the same pan, heat a tsp of oil and saute lemongrass, onion and chillies till fragrant.
4. Add chicken and palm sugar and stir fry till chicken is thoroughly cooked.
5. Return the tempeh to the pan and stir fry till well combined.
lovely recipe! I am a new blogger so would be really delighted if you could visit my blog for some feedback 🙂 Thanks!
Welcome to the food blogging community 🙂 You have some great recipes there and I love your food pictures too. Keep up the good work! 🙂
This sound very delicious! I love the combination of chicken with lemongrass!
Rich with spices 🙂 The lemongrass was very uplifting! Thanks for stopping by 🙂
Love lemongrass in stir frys!
Me too 🙂 Have a great weekend, Sabrina! 🙂