I’m pleasantly surprised and honoured to have received 3 nominations last week for the Liebster Award. Well if you’ve not heard of it, Liebster Award is actually an online award that is presented to bloggers by fellow bloggers in order to discover new blogs and to recognise bloggers for their efforts. ‘Liebster’ just means ‘dearest’ or ‘favourite’ in German.
I would like to extend my thanks and appreciation to the following bloggers for nominating me:
- KDMJ from The Food And Life On Spot
- Hannah from Teacups and Bookleaves
- Funmi from The Village Pot
Do check their blogs out for amazing food posts, recipes and more!
The rules of a Liebster Award are as follows:
- Put up the Liebster Award logo on a blog post
- Thank your nominator and provide a link back to his/her blog
- Write 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer 10 questions posted by the nominator
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award and inform them about it
- Come up with 10 new questions for your nominees
10 Random Facts About Myself
1. I am Singaporean and my husband is British. We currently reside in Singapore.
2. I am bad at ironing clothes.
3. I go to the gym 3 times a week for weight training and cardio exercises.
4. I have lost more than 20kg (and have dropped 3 dress sizes) since adopting a healthier lifestyle.
5. I have naturally wavy hair which I’ve had it rebonded so it is now straight.
6. I can’t swim.
7. One person who has made a huge impact in my life is my Gran.
8. I hate flying cockroaches.
9. I cannot live without my iPad.
10. I can never resist a good shopping deal or steal.
My Response To 10 Selected Questions From The Nominators
- What’s your favourite country in the world? Switzerland is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever visited with breathtaking scenery that is totally unparalleled.
- What’s something you do everyday unfailingly as a ritual? Watering my plants every morning and evening. I live in an apartment with no garden or balcony but I went ahead to plant tomatoes, chillies, spring onions and pandan outside my unit where the lift lobby is. They are my precious and I can’t wait for them to grow tall and strong!
- What would you want to have for a last meal? A feast of unhealthy food – everything fried, saucy, cheesy, chocolatey and sugary – that I tend to avoid normally. Think fried chicken, cheese sticks, Krispy Kreme donuts, burgers, chilli dogs and the like.
- If you’re going to suggest one book for me to read, what would that be? P.S. I Love You – it really helps one to overcome grief due to the loss of a loved one.
- What makes you happy? Peaceful and turbulence-free days that can be rare (hence precious) sometimes.
- What scares you the most in life in general? Losing control of myself when faced with a difficult situation.
- What made you start your blog? Depression. Spring Tomorrow is not a name for nothing.
- What is your least favourite food? Okra – I just don’t like the texture.
- Do you have a favourite cuisine? I would have to go with Asian cuisine (Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Indian, Malay). I love big flavours and spices.
- Do you have a favourite restaurant? A few in Singapore but the latest one would be Gokul Vegetarian Restaurant that really brought Indian vegetarian food to a whole new level. Who needs meat when you can have such delectable vegetarian food? Absolutely yum.
- Anubala’s Kitchen – authentic Indian home-style recipes
- Mr B Cooks – made-with-love recipes from a daddy who cooks for his family
- eatwithsteph.com – London-based food blog with delicious pictures
- Bento Days – lovely Singaporean mummy makes cute bentos for her kids
- Easy Kooking Korean – tantalising Korean recipes with big flavours
- Fabulous Fare Sisters – two sisters sharing their love for food & all things yummy
- Slaw and Order – recipes of home-made comfort food
- The Culinary Four – four friends with a shared obsession for food
- Canny Cuisine – a university student whipping up easy & wallet-friendly meals
- Tuck-In – amazing low-carb recipes
My Questions For The Nominees
- What was the first dish you had cooked and how did it turn out?
- Who has inspired you in your life and why?
- What was your worst kitchen disaster?
- What’s the best piece of advice anyone has given you?
- If you have to describe yourself as a flavour, what would it be?
- What do you usually have for breakfast?
- If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could open a cafe or restaurant, what would you name it and what type of food would you be serving?
- What was it that you miss the most from your childhood?
- What dish would you create with chocolate and chilli?
And yes, this is it. As you can see, a Liebster Award shares the same nature as a chain letter. I was initially hesitant about participating in this because I don’t qualify as a new blogger. Also I don’t want my fellow blogger friends to feel obliged to participate in this. So for my nominees, please know this is just done for fun and there’s absolutely no obligation to act on this. But if you decide to go with it, do give me a shout as I will be interested to read your responses to my questions 🙂
On the same page, I also want to say thanks to Silje from Homegrown & Homemade for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I really enjoy reading her recipe posts that are always so hearty and wholesome because she uses fresh produce from her own garden.
Again, this award works in a similar fashion as the Liebster Award but the rules are somewhat simpler:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to his/her award post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know about this.
To make things easier, I would like to give an option to my Liebster Award nominees to consider participating in the Liebster Award, the One Lovely Blog Award or both so I shall not nominate any more new blogs for this.
Thank you Lakshmi! 🙂
Heidi and I posted the Liebster Award nomination/question/answer today on our site. Again, thanks for the nomination! Please check it out!! (fabulousfaresisters.com)
Hello Linda! I had just finished reading your post. It’s really cool to know you and Heidi better 🙂 And I must say those nominations of yours are excellent choices – I’ve discovered a few more amazing blogs from there! Thanks ladies for participating 🙂