No, it’s not a plate of muah chee though it really looks like it, lol. I’ve made peanut chicken nuggets for movie snack this time.
I always have coarsely ground roasted peanuts in my pantry as it’s an ingredient that I use pretty often when I make muah chee and glutinous rice dumplings. Sometimes, I’ll also sprinkle the peanuts over salads or any other dish that may need some crunch.
For this recipe, it’s better to get unsalted peanuts so you can adjust the amount of salt to your preference.
Makes a delicious nibble that I’m sure the whole family will enjoy. Give it a try!
OVEN-BAKED PEANUT CHICKEN RECIPE
INGREDIENTS (serves 2-3)
- 300g boneless & skinless chicken breast, cut into thick strips
- 85g coarsely ground unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sweet chilli sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C with fan. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the ground peanuts, salt and garlic powder in a dish. Stir to mix.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the beaten egg and coat thoroughly with the ground peanuts.
- Arrange the coated chicken on the baking tray in one single layer.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15-17 minutes or till golden brown on the outside.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce.