These days, I’m starting to get lazy when it comes to making up my face as I prefer to just slap on some sunscreen (and the most BB cream) and then go out au naturel.
Two months ago, I got the husband to buy this Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion for me from the duty free shop at Incheon Airport in Seoul. It cost USD29 (approx. S$38). If I’m not wrong, Singapore stores are selling it at S$59. So ladies, if you’re heading to Korea any time soon, grab the opportunity to stock up!
After using this product for a couple of weeks, I have nothing but kudos for this innovative creation of BB emulsion in a compact case that has now officially replaced my usual tube of BB cream. I kept singing praises of it to the husband, telling him how radiant my face has become with this product. He’s just amused with my over excitement as though I found gold. I think I did!
Each box consists of a compact and an additional refill pack so that’s 2 x 15g of cushion palettes for use.
This BB Cushion has amazing 5-in-1 benefits as follows:
1. Whitening – contains White Plus Renew Complex for clearer and brighter skin
2. Sunscreen – with SPF 50+/PA+++ to protect against UVA and UVB rays
3. Soothing effect – using an unique hydration technology that provides 30% more moisture to skin with each application
4. Sweat-proof – long-lasting coverage
5. Skin tone correction – good bye blemishes and redness!
One unique physical feature of this BB Cushion is its thin and light sponge applicator that supposedly absorbs more moisture than normal sponges. It bends easily to allow an even application around difficult areas like the sides of our nose. The sponge is also reusable and easy to clean.
I just love that the sponge can be stored separately from the cushion palette. Keeps the palette tidy and reduces risk of bacteria growing too. I’m a hygiene-freak when it comes to make up because I have sensitive skin that is proned to breakouts. But I don’t have any problems with this product!
Just press the sponge onto the cushion and apply onto your face in gentle swiping motions to blend. The cushion palette has 800,000 tiny pores and effectively air pumps BB emulsion onto the sponge just like an air-brush spray so it gives the skin a lighter, more even and natural finish.
The most exciting part is that I can feel a cooling sensation on my skin upon application which is something that I’ve never experienced in other make up products. The effect is similar to using a mineral facial mist spray. It’s a joy to apply the BB as it really refreshes the skin. Perfect for use in hot, humid weather like Singapore’s!
I opted for #21 Natural Beige which is the perfect shade for my complexion. For my blemish scars, dark eye circles and mild redness around chin area, I patted the skin with the sponge once or twice to give it a better coverage and it works fine. It doesn’t make your skin look cakey or leave behind any unsightly streaks and lines.
My overall verdict of this product?
1. Helps achieve even-toned skin
2. Natural finish with a soft, dewy sheen
3. Good coverage for dark eye circles and blemish scars, even makes pigmentation looks less obvious
4. Cooling sensation upon application
5. Easy to apply as it blends and adheres to skin seamlessly
1. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone. After being out for 2-3 hours, the areas above my lips and around the nose will start showing some smudges (only obvious when looked upon close-up) so it is not as long-lasting as I expect it to be.
I think the Laneige BB Cushion is really an effective product if you prefer light-weight & natural make up. Really makes my face looks more radiant and less haggard (plus point!) so it’s my daily essential now for going out. Plus it saves time as I do not have to put on extra sunscreen, use a concealer to hide flaws or use loose powder to set the BB on my skin.
I rate this product a 8.5/10. Highly recommended!