It’s Mother’s Day today and I just want to wish all mummies in the world a very happy day!
I can never have enough of creamy pasta. It’s a dish that I can make in bulk, chill in fridge and have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and sometimes, supper. Haha. You may think, ‘OMG, this is really fattening!”. But it’s all about using healthy substitutes to create the same flavours and textures, at a small fraction of the original guilt and calories. My secret weapon? Greek yogurt. It’s one of the best yogurt inventions ever! Greek yogurt contains less sugar than regular yogurt and it has both fat-free and full-fat versions. Because of its lower sugar content, it actually tastes more tangy. Either you love it or you hate it. But once you fall in love with it, Greek yogurt can be your go-to sauce that replaces mayo, sour cream, tartar sauce and salad dressing. Enjoy this Salmon Pasta Recipe! 🙂
Salmon Yogurt Pasta Recipe
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
250g vegeroni fusilli or any pasta of your choice, cooked according to packet instructions
2 slices salmon fillet
1 1/2 cups fat-free Greek yogurt
1 tsp Dijon mustard
juice from 1 lemon
1 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese
corn kernels from 2 steamed corn cobs
1 head broccoli, cut into florets & steamed
salt & freshly ground black pepper
toasted pre-grated parmesan cheese as garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C at Grill with fan. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Drizzle olive oil over the salmon and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the salmon onto the baking tray and insert into highest shelf of oven.
3. Broil the salmon for about 8-10 minutes till cooked through. Leave to cool and then flake the salmon flesh into smaller bits. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix yogurt, mustard, cream cheese and lemon juice and season with pepper.
5. Add the fusilli, salmon, corn and broccoli into the dressing and toss thoroughly till well combined. Chill in fridge till ready to eat. Sprinkle toasted parmesan cheese on top before serving.