Made a fusion-style meatloaf using Asian spices. That ‘yellow’ colour came from the ground turmeric used which also imparted a lovely aroma to the meatloaf. After plating the dish up, I realised the colours were (unintentionally) that of traffic lights – red, green & yellow. Anyway, I chose to keep all the sides clean and simple this time as the meatloaf was already packed full of flavour & spice. Enjoy!
Spiced Chicken Meatloaf Recipe
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
450g minced chicken
2 stalks lemongrass (use only the inner white part), finely chopped
2 sprigs coriander, finely chopped
3 stalks spring onions, finely chopped
1 large yellow onion, peeled & diced
80g frozen peas
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tsp ground turmeric
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Stir thoroughly to mix and leave in the fridge to chill for at least half hour.
2. Preheat oven to 180 deg C with fan. Line a 8″ x 5″ baking dish with parchment paper.
3. Transfer the chicken mixture into the lined baking dish and spread the top evenly with a spatula.
4. Bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes till golden brown.
5. Remove the meatloaf from the baking dish. Slice and serve with your preferred sides.