This Spicy Fried Spaghetti Recipe is almost similar to my Mee Goreng Recipe except that spaghetti noodles are used instead of the regular thick yellow noodles. I actually prefer the former for this dish because it doesn’t have the same alkaline flavour as the thick yellow noodles. And if you cook the spaghetti al dente, it will also have a firmer bite. ??
For those of you who often feel bloated after eating thick yellow noodles (it happens to me all the time), you might want to consider swapping them with spaghetti – gluten-free ones would be best.
Spicy, sweet and savoury. These noodles are easy to make and are really delicious too. Enjoy!
Spicy Fried Spaghetti Recipe
Ingredients: (serves 3-4)
250g spaghetti, cooked according to packet instructions
50g dried mushrooms – soaked in hot water till soft, stems removed & sliced
12 prawns, shelled with tails intact
220g baby bok choy – bases discarded, sliced
3 tbsp each of sambal chilli sauce, kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) & tomato ketchup
3 eggs, beaten
pinch of salt
2 tsp dried chilli flakes
1/2 bulb garlic, peeled & finely chopped
2 tsp olive oil
1. Heat oil in pan and saute the garlic till fragrant.
2. Add the mushrooms and stir fry till tender.
3. Add the prawns and stir fry till they just about turn opaque. Season with salt.
4. Push mixture to one side and add the egg mixture on the other side. Scramble the egg till cooked, then mix to combine.
5. Add bok choy, spaghetti, sambal chilli, kecap manis and ketchup. Stir fry thoroughly to combine.
6. Scatter the chilli flakes over. Stir fry briefly and serve.