One thing I love about Thai Basil Chicken is how sweet and aromatic the dish is because of the use of basil leaves which is one of my favourite herbs. While the ones I’ve had outside previously were mostly drier versions (almost dry to little sauce) served with steamed rice and a sunny side up, I like one that has more sauce so I can douse that over my rice. So for my recipe, I did it exactly that way. It’s spicy, sweet, savoury and fragrant and just so easy to make with very few ingredients needed for the sauce. Give it a try! 😉
Thai Basil Chicken Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
280g minced chicken
40g basil leaves
3 red chillies
4 bird’s eye chillies
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 sprigs coriander
2 tsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp sugar
1. Using a mini food chopper, process the chillies, garlic and coriander into a paste.
2. Heat oil in pan and stir fry the chilli paste till fragrant.
3. Add minced chicken and stir fry till meat is no longer pink.
4. Add all ingredients for the sauce and bring to a boil.
5. Stir in basil leaves and cook briefly till the leaves wilt.
6. Serve with steamed rice and fried eggs.