Previously, I had shared a Glass Noodle Salad Recipe in which I had added chicken breast meat. When I came back from Bangkok, I thought of making the dish again in the same way that I had it while there.
Less colours this time as this remake version of Glass Noodle Salad consisted of mainly glass noodles.
If you like more variety of seafood, feel free to include fresh squids, cured cuttlefish or even shellfish.
This is a really easy-to-make and quick recipe. Very healthy too. If you like a simple Thai style dressing of fish sauce, sugar and lime juice, you will find this very refreshing and appetising. Enjoy.
THAI GLASS NOODLE SALAD RECIPE
INGREDIENTS (serves 4 as one of few side dishes)
- 120g bean vermicelli (glass noodles)
- 200g minced chicken, steamed till cooked through (reserve steaming liquid for sauce)
- 12 prawns, shelled with tails intact, blanched
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled & sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2-3 stalks spring onions, cut into 1″ sections
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- juice from 8 calamansi limes
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl. Stir well till the sugar dissolves.
- Put all other ingredients for the salad in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over and toss thoroughly to mix.
- If not eating immediately, chill in fridge for flavours to marry.