Earlier I had mentioned that I had bought the entire (well, almost) range of Maepranom brand curry pastes and this was the Yellow Curry that I had made. It tasted somewhat similar to the regular Chinese style curry which was not bad though I still prefer my usual A1 Instant Chicken Curry Sauce (see my Curry Chicken Recipe).
You can now find this brand of curry pastes in major supermarkets here in Singapore but if you’re looking for a wider range, I suggest that you check out the Thai Supermarket @ Golden Mile Complex or AEON/TESCO hypermarket if you’re heading to Johor Bahru.
- 1 packet Maepranom Yellow Curry Paste 50g
- 300g skinless & boneless chicken leg, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 400g potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 carrot approx. 150g, peeled & diced
- 1 yellow onion, peeled & cut into eighths
- 200ml coconut milk
- 350ml water
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil