Looking at this mouthwatering picture simply makes me dribble. Another of my ultimate favourite comfort food, perfect to chase away the blues. Sometimes, we just need that one guilty pleasure to cheer ourselves up. This is a playground for cheese lovers, what’s not to love?
Baked Chicken Pasta Recipe
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
250g penne, cooked according to packet instructions
300g skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
200g button mushrooms, sliced
1 large yellow onion, diced
4 tomatoes, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
250g grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup water
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C with fan.
2. Heat a little olive oil in pan. Saute onions and mushrooms till tender. Add chicken and stir fry till meat is no longer pink.
3. Add tomatoes and water. Season with salt and pepper as needed and allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes. Stir in the red and green peppers.
4. Arrange the cooked penne on the bottom of an oven dish and ladle the chicken-tomato mix over the pasta. Add a handful of the cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
5. Arrange the remaining cheddar cheese evenly on top and bake in oven for about 20 minutes till a slightly browned cheesy crust forms.
And here you are – a delicious baked chicken pasta fit for the whole family to enjoy! Bon appetit, folks!
Ah, i recognize the salt and pepper shakers in the photo… 😉
Oh yes 🙂 I took them off my display shelf to use as photography props now, lol. Wah, I’m so honoured to have you reading my blog now when you should be busy with your ‘video gaming’ :p