Oven baked salmon served with steamed vegetables is such a classic home-made dish because we know oil-rich salmon is good for us and such meals are just so easy and quick to prep. However it really can get boring over time so I like to play around with different sauces that I can glaze my salmon with. For this recipe, only 3 ingredients are needed for the sauce – honey, balsamic vinegar and hoisin sauce – so it’s almost like an Asian BBQ sauce that has a good balance of sweetness, tanginess and savouriness. The portion of the sauce that serves 2 persons seems to be a little too much because it has dual-purpose so it can be a dipping sauce for the side vegetables too. How convenient 😉 Enjoy!
Balsamic Honey Glazed Salmon Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 salmon fillets
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
steamed vegetables as side
1. Marinate the salmon fillets with honey, balsamic vinegar, hoisin sauce and garlic. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Preheat oven to 180 deg C at Grill with fan. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and lightly grease with cooking spray.
3. Transfer the salmon fillets (skin up) onto the baking tray and insert into highest shelf of oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes till golden brown.
4. Pour the remaining marinade into a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer till the sauce reduces and thickens.
5. Spoon the sauce over the salmon fillets and serve with steamed vegetables or any side of your choice.