This sweet treat recipe is inspired by the Banana Fritters with Chocolate & Cheese that’s sold at the pasar malam here in Singapore. The only difference is that there’s no deep frying involved for this recipe as I just want to keep this a little lighter and healthier which is also a great way to eat more bananas (if you don’t quite like them in the first place). I suggest that you use ripe (or even overripe) bananas as their sweetness stands out even more after being grilled/baked in the oven.
I did not indicate portion sizes for the ingredients so just go with whatever amount you want. Flood those bananas with cheese and chocolate! The combo is just incredible. Think stringy cheese, melty chocolate chips and crunchy peanuts on warm, soft bananas. So comforting and so yummy. You have to give this a try! 😉
Banana with Chocolate and Cheese Recipe
ripe bananas, peeled
cheddar cheese, grated
ground roasted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C on Grill mode.
2. Halved the bananas lengthwise and arrange them on a baking dish.
3. Sprinkle chocolate chips and cheese over the bananas.
4. Bake in the highest shelf of oven for about 7-8 minutes or till the cheese has melted.
5. Sprinkle ground peanuts on top and enjoy!