I had stocked up on chicken before the Chinese New Year just so I could make some good steamboat broth with them. And after all those feasting of CNY goodies, I thought of using some of those chicken drumsticks to make this easy ‘non-heaty’ dish to go with some salad greens for a simple dinner. Minimal ingredients are required, hence makes this an excellent budget meal too.
Basil Lemon Chicken Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
4 chicken drumsticks, skinned
1 tbsp dried basil
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
salt & freshly cracked black pepper
chopped parsley for garnish
1. Marinate chicken with the dried basil, lemon juice, olive oil and minced garlic. Chill in fridge for at least 3 hours before cooking.
2. Preheat oven to 190 deg C at Grill with fan.
3. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes till chicken is thoroughly cooked.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with side salad or steamed rice.
Dried basil has this subtle sweet and aromatic flavour and when combined with the lemon juice, it really gives a nice zesty fragrance to the chicken. A refreshing chicken dish that really invigorates the taste buds. Try it!