Whenever my husband and I dine at Irodori Japanese Restaurant @ Riverview Hotel, we will never miss out ordering a few servings of their beef rolls with enoki mushrooms. There is just something special about this simple yet clever combination that makes it so delicious – both in the taste and texture departments.
I just have to recreate the beef rolls at home. 🙂
I used shabu shabu (or sukiyaki) beef for this recipe as the meat is already sliced (saves time & hassle!) and is thin enough for effective rolling and wrapping.
The teriyaki sauce is salty, sweet and savoury and manages to penetrate every slice of tender beef to give it a robust flavour. Every bite is simply juicy and succulent.
Enjoy this with steamed rice and vegetables and there you go – a wholesome meal. 😉
- 400g thinly sliced beef (for shabu shabu or sukiyaki)
- 300g enoki mushrooms, roots trimmed
- chopped spring onions as garnish
- toasted sesame seeds as garnish
- 1 tbsp each sugar, mirin & Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tbsp reduced salt Japanese light soy sauce