There used to be a coffeeshop stall at one end of Liang Seah Street that served up one of the best curry chicken noodles I had ever tried in Singapore. Unfortunately, I haven’t quite found another one that could be on par with it. I have tried making the same at home using instant curry paste like this recipe. It’s good but the gravy still lacks that familiar punch which will make it even more moreish. More experiments later.
Curry Chicken Noodles Recipe
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 pieces chicken drumsticks, steamed till thoroughly cooked
1 packet instant curry paste
1 red onion, peeled & finely chopped
2 tbsp dried shrimps, rinsed & toasted in pan
300g baby potatoes, halved
70g fried beancurd puffs (tau pok), cut into bite size triangles
100g fish cake, sliced
160g bean sprouts, blanched in boiling water
200ml coconut milk
250g thick bee hoon, blanched in boiling water
250g yellow noodles, blanched in boiling water
1. Heat curry paste in pan. Add onions and dried shrimps and stir-fry till fragrant.
2. Add water and potatoes and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes or till potatoes are tender.
4. Stir in coconut milk and add beancurd puffs & fish cake. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. To serve, split the bee hoon and noodles into 4 individual bowls. Top with chicken and beansprouts and ladle the curry mixture over.
And here you are, a fragrant bowl of curry chicken noodles. You can use any type of noodles you like such as thin beehoon, kway teow or ramen.
As for which brand of curry sauce I normally go for, I use the A1 Instant Chicken Curry Sauce which I think is one of the best compared with other brands. The curry flavour is robust and fragrant with the right amount of spices.
Enjoy this Curry Chicken Noodles Recipe! 🙂
I also love to cook chicken curry..Thank you for the recipe,I’ll add your ingredients..
Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your chicken curry!
where can I buy this in Singapore ?
You mean the A1 brand curry paste? It’s available at all major supermarkets and Econ minimarts too.