I took the chance to do some baking during those hazy days last week since there wasn’t much I could do with such bad air. And my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed these muffins for tea that really cheered us up.
Doughnut Muffin Recipe
140g unsalted butter, melted
120g golden caster sugar
200g plain flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
100g natural yogurt
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
raspberry jam or another flavour of your choice
1. Preheat oven at 190 deg C / 170 deg C (fan). Lightly grease muffin tray or use muffin cups.
2. Combine sugar, flour and baking soda in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs and vanilla essence. Pour this and the melted butter into the dry ingredients and fold with a spatula.
4. Divide 2/3 of the mixture among the muffin cups. Add a teaspoon of jam to the centre of each and cover with the remaining muffin mixture.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
This recipe yielded 8 medium size muffins. Best eaten warm and fresh from the oven. The inside of the muffin was just so moist and fluffy! Don’t expect leftovers. Enjoy! =)