This is a no-carb muffin recipe which is very easy to make without the hassle of preparing several components of the traditional fry-up. Only 3 ingredients are required but of course if you like, you can always include additional stuffs like button mushrooms, diced bell peppers, sweet corn kernels, bacon bits, etc to bulk them up.
Egg & Ham Breakfast Muffin Recipe
Ingredients (makes 2 muffins)
4 slices thinly shaved ham
4 cherry tomatoes, halved
a few slices of toasted rye sourdough bread
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C with fan.
2. Lightly grease two holes of a muffin tray with olive oil and fit 2 slices of ham in each hole to form a cup shape.
3. Crack an egg into each ham cup.
4. Top with cherry tomatoes and/or toppings of your choice.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes till eggs are cooked to your preferred doneness.
And then serve with toast! I baked my muffins for 15 minutes and the inside of the egg was still slightly moist and runny which I could mop up with the bread. What better way to wake up to an absolutely gorgeous breakfast muffin and a cup of my favourite coffee? Enjoy, folks!