I made wanton noodles earlier and had these extra egg noodles left in the fridge so I turned them into a fried egg noodles dish that’s both delightful and easy to make. You can just about use any ingredients or leftovers in your fridge, be it chicken breast, ham, luncheon meat, broccoli, chinese mushrooms, etc. The list just goes on.
Fried Egg Noodles with Chicken Franks and Vegetables Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
200g fresh egg noodles
2 chicken franks, sliced
1 small carrot, julienned
100g fresh button mushrooms, sliced
120g baby bok choy
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add in the noodles. Stir constantly for 30 seconds. Remove and run under tap water for 10 seconds. Return to the boiling water for another 20 seconds. Remove and set aside.
2. Heat a little oil in pan and saute the garlic. Add mushrooms and stir fry till tender.
3. Add chicken franks, carrots and baby bok choy and stir fry briefly till the bok choy begins to wilt.
4. Push the ingredients to one end of the pan and pour the egg mixture in the other end.
5. Scramble the egg till cooked and stir to combine with the other ingredients.
6. Add noodles, oyster sauce and light soy sauce. Adjust seasoning if need be.
7. Stir till well combined and serve.
Perfect for a lazy weekday dinner! Enjoy!