Left with a couple of soon-to-expire large eggs and not wanting them to go to waste, I decided I’d do a cake this time which I’m sure my husband would fancy (he loves cakes to bits!). Just a little treat for him since he’s working from home.
Inspired by the popular British dessert, Queen of Puddings, this cake is extremely easy to make and so yummylicious!
Queen of Pudding Cakes Recipe
200g unsalted butter, softened
150g golden caster sugar
3 large eggs
140g self raising flour
50g custard powder
raspberry jam or a flavour of your choice
1. Preheat oven at 180 deg C / 160 deg C (fan). Line a 9″ square cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a cake mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and eggs. Add in flour and custard powder and beat at high speed till well-combined.
3. Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes till surface is golden brown.
4. Remove and cool on wire rack before removing the baking paper.
5. Spread your favourite jam on top of the cake and add meringues if you like before serving.
My husband absolutely loved the cake! It was spongy, moist and so flavoursome. We kept half for breakfast the next day and it still tasted so good. A must-try tea time dessert! =)