I never really fancy bottled pasta sauces that much because they are often flat in texture (I like my sauce with bits and chunks) and contain way too much sodium. For my Seafood Marinara Spaghetti Recipe, I use diced tomatoes with no salt to create the sauce base and then just season it with enough salt to taste. I also added dried basil before I simmer the sauce so it can infuse the sauce with added sweetness and aroma. Do take note not to overcook the seafood so they can maintain their crisp and crunch. Enjoy!
Seafood Marinara Spaghetti Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
250g spaghetti, cooked according to packet instructions
12 half-shelled mussels
12 prawns, de-shelled
1 squid, cut into rings
1/2 bulb garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cans unsalted diced tomatoes approx. 822g
1 heaped tbsp tomato paste
pinch of salt
1 tsp dried basil
chopped parsley to garnish
1. Heat olive oil in pan and sauté garlic till fragrant.
2. Add diced tomatoes and basil. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Add tomato paste and season with salt to taste.
4. Add mussels, followed by the prawns and squids. Cook till prawns turn opaque.
5. Add the spaghetti and toss thoroughly till well combined.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.