This stir fried pasta dish is similar to my Spicy Lemon Garlic Chicken Spaghetti Recipe except that I have used macaroni as my choice of pasta. If you like oglio olio (spaghetti with garlic & oil) and don’t mind a little tang and heat, you are likely to enjoy this macaroni recipe as it has a great combination of lemon scent, chilli spice and garlic fragrance in every mouthful. It’s a really refreshing dish that ignites your senses as you eat. Of course besides macaroni, you can use any pasta of your choice too. I’d tried with fusilli, penne and linguine previously and all had worked perfectly fine. Enjoy!
Spicy Chicken Macaroni Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
200g macaroni, cooked according to packet instructions
300g skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
dried hot chilli flakes
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp minced garlic
salt to taste
vegetable + olive oil
chopped parsley as garnish
1. Marinate chicken breast with light soy sauce and generously sprinkle chilli flakes on both sides.
2. Heat some vegetable oil in pan and pan-fry the chicken breast pieces till golden brown. Remove and set aside.
3. Using the same pan, add olive oil and saute the minced garlic and lemon rind till fragrant. Toss in the macaroni and sprinkle more chilli flakes if preferred. Season with salt.
4. Return the chicken to the pan. Add lemon juice and thoroughly mix with the macaroni.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve.