I don’t like peas but I love mashed peas. It just reminds me of a friend who dislikes potatoes but loves french fries, lol. Well I don’t exactly hate peas as I can still eat them but I’d rather not if I have a choice. I’m not sure how on earth I’d have bought a bag of frozen peas from the supermarket a while ago. Perhaps I was thinking of psychoing myself to eat them because they are so good for health. Anyway yes, I couldn’t wait to demolish those green fellows so decided to use them up for dinner. And that was how I fell in love with peas for the first time ever, lol. Perhaps this would be an ideal recipe to have fussy children start eating peas!
Crispy Salmon Fillet on Mashed Peas Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 salmon fillets with skin on
500g frozen peas
1 tbsp low fat milk
1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
salt & freshly cracked black pepper
chopped parsley as garnish
1. Steam the peas over high heat for 3-4 minutes till tender.
2. Using a food processor, blend the peas till paste-like and add the milk, butter, salt and pepper. Blend again briefly to mix thoroughly.
3. Heat a little olive oil in pan till hot. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer the salmon fillets to the pan with skin down and pan-fry till crispy. Flip and fry the other side till golden brown.
5. Scoop a huge dollop of mashed peas on a serving plate and place the salmon fillet on top. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
How easy can this be? Crispy, moist salmon that oozes a little of that omega-3 liquid fat with naturally sweet peas. A perfect marriage. A scrumptious dinner. Bon appetit!